1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Talking SB2C is needed

SB2C! usnavy late time divebomber

USS Enterprise

IJN Yamamoto

tail warning radar.(P-38,P-47,P-51...)
Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenbeuduo View Post
USS Enterprise
Immediately after you pay license fees to Northrop-Grumman. I bet, DT could even make a special release with it's own number and your name on it, with just that ship in it, if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenbeuduo View Post
IJN Yamamoto
A one man navy?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaQSoN View Post
Immediately after you pay license fees to Northrop-Grumman. I bet, DT could even make a special release with it's own number and your name on it, with just that ship in it, if you do.

A one man navy?

IJN Yamamoto would have to be at least 40 feet tall and laser beams come from his eyes

The Yamato on the other hand would be a great ship to have. I wouldn't mind seeing a sprinkling of a few other types. Transports... or a German or British destroyer would be handy.

Find my missions and much more at Mission4Today.com
Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 AM

Default How does one get an Evo forcefeedback joystick to be seen?

Please explain the procedure to get my game in the 4.11m English Version to "see" an EVO force feedback stick... thanks in advance. And thanks for making this great upgrade for us!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM

9. Please increase the number of available aircraft slots for modders by a large amount. It would appear some of the larger mods are approaching or at the limit and are having to "prune" some aircraft here and there in order to be able to fit them all.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
9. Please increase the number of available aircraft slots for modders by a large amount. It would appear some of the larger mods are approaching or at the limit and are having to "prune" some aircraft here and there in order to be able to fit them all.
Somebody please give Whacker a 'reality' pill.

Aviar
MSI GTX 660Ti Twin Frozr IV - 2GB
Creative X-Fi
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
24" Acer LCD - P241W
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
TM Tacticalboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM

Do tell, why is that last request unreasonable?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

You will learn, young grasshopper.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3142947AA6p7D9

Aviar
MSI GTX 660Ti Twin Frozr IV - 2GB
Creative X-Fi
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
24" Acer LCD - P241W
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
TM Tacticalboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module

Last edited by Aviar; 02-16-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
Do tell, why is that last request unreasonable?
First, I believe that the maximum number of planes available is "hard coded" into the game. I'm not sure if it would be possible to expand the number of slots any further.

Second, although I'm not a member of DT and don't presume to speak for them, historically, DT has had a somewhat strained relationship with the modding community.

DT produces extremely high-quality add-ons for IL2 with 1C's sanction. That means that anything that DT releases in their "patches" to the game is official; it's as good as anything that 1C's employees produced and 1C stands behind their work.

By contrast, what modders are doing - messing with the IL2 source code without permission - is in violation of the IL2 software license and is possibly illegal.

The quality of mods ranges from occasionally good to mostly mediocre; 95% of the stuff out there isn't up to DT's standards. While the difference in quality might not be obvious when you play the game, it becomes clear when you look at the 3d modeling or coding.

Also, because there is no formal organization to the modding community, there's no way that DT can anticipate what modders will do to the game.

So, if DT were to work with modders, they would have to lower their standards and violate the terms of their agreement with 1C to do it.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
First, I believe that the maximum number of planes available is "hard coded" into the game. I'm not sure if it would be possible to expand the number of slots any further.

Second, although I'm not a member of DT and don't presume to speak for them, historically, DT has had a somewhat strained relationship with the modding community.

DT produces extremely high-quality add-ons for IL2 with 1C's sanction. That means that anything that DT releases in their "patches" to the game is official; it's as good as anything that 1C's employees produced and 1C stands behind their work.

By contrast, what modders are doing - messing with the IL2 source code without permission - is in violation of the IL2 software license and is possibly illegal.

The quality of mods ranges from occasionally good to mostly mediocre; 95% of the stuff out there isn't up to DT's standards. While the difference in quality might not be obvious when you play the game, it becomes clear when you look at the 3d modeling or coding.

Also, because there is no formal organization to the modding community, there's no way that DT can anticipate what modders will do to the game.

So, if DT were to work with modders, they would have to lower their standards and violate the terms of their agreement with 1C to do it.
Sorry mate, i didn't see your response until now.

My understanding is that TD has access to the game source, which is how they've been releasing patches and fixes over the past few years. If they have access to the source code, they can modify it so that this limitation wouldn't exist. I've no idea how complicated that would be, if it's a function of array sizes, memory limitations... dunno.

As to the community, I don't believe anyone has access to the game source code except TD and the original developers. Modders have access to the game FILES through tools, such as the aircraft models, textures, various config/def files, etc.

In general to the rest, my response would be that if the relationship is strained, then that makes me very sad to hear. Modding and a health mod community is a surefire sign of a loyal following and continued existence of a game well past it's prime. IL2 is a perfect example of this for those reasons. Modding one's game and tinkering with the innards and workings is a labor of love and should be viewed as such by the developers.

My requests still stand though. The game as of 4.11 is still great fun and I'm loving the new changes. There's still a number of areas in terms of base functionality and useability that really TD are the only folks who can truly make effective changes to resolve these. I've also got to believe that a number of these changes are pretty simple stuff that don't require a ton of time or effort to realize. The user interface mods, widescreen game interface and FOV mods all fall into this category.
Closed Thread