1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Richie Richie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltbear View Post
Jumped to my gaming puter threw on the headset turned it up....

Im going to 50% agree with you

The general engine sound is better in COD, but i stil think the whistle is to low. Even listening to yours i have to say this "but your ecording is a true master piece" thx for sharing

But i deffently can live with 50% wrong....



Catch a great evening


***suuuuuux***sorry Ritchie***

I take everything back.....just ran the recording paralel to the game sound in soundforge.....

Top dollar mr maddox...i climp back into my cave werry humbel....

Just run these two toghter from first one airborne 5:20 and its easy to compare




For Russian engine that is darn close to spot on

LTbear
How about that ...I thought so lol. Plus you don't hear any wind at all in the other one. In those dives you can really hear that wind over take the noise of his engine...I love that
Anyway I have both disks and they're excellent. I also have a Hans-Jochim Maseille disk if you'd like to take a look. Five parts



Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 02-15-2011, 04:21 AM
Heliocon Heliocon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 651
Default

I understand the problem with the leak, I have been a beta tester on many games and there is nothing more irritating to the devs and community then when someone leaks footage that reflects badly on the game compared to its release state.

On the other hand the videos were great, its kind of frustrating that we get very little info/vids here vs russia, and the only vids are jaggy. The videos he uploaded were very impressive and reflect well on the game, I wish you would release some more footage.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
dosstx dosstx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Default

I'm sorry, but this video leak was by far the best promotional advertisement for the game that I have seen.

Please don't suspend the programmer. This was a great video.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Sutts Sutts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosstx View Post
I'm sorry, but this video leak was by far the best promotional advertisement for the game that I have seen.

Please don't suspend the programmer. This was a great video.
I agree, very nice indeed. A few more of those wouldn't harm.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
choctaw111 choctaw111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltbear View Post
Title Year System Publisher

IL-2 Sturmovik 2001 Windows Ubisoft <-- This one to this date have had the best "replica" of any 109 engine sound in any IL2 game. And i stil prefere some of the fm`s and DM`s over some of the later series.....Bring back original IL2 DB engine sound....

******************************************



******************************************

The rest of the titles in case someone dont know that IL2 is going back further than 1946

IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles 2003 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles: Ace Expansion Pack 2004 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Forgotten Battles: Gold Pack 2004 Windows Ubisoft
Pacific Fighters 2004 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Sturmovik Series: Complete Edition 2006 Windows Ubisoft
PE-2 2006 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 (includes Sturmoviks over Manchuria and 46) 2007 Windows Ubisoft

Got a hard copy of every single one above....

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey 2009 360, PS3, PSP, NDS 1C Company <----geeeeez

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (Battle of Britain) March/25/2011 Windows Ubisoft<-----getting hard copy the second its out....


IL2 gamer since 2001....Well just abit from me lol....

LTbear
What about Sturmoviks over Manchuria?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 02-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Baron Baron is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosstx View Post
I'm sorry, but this video leak was by far the best promotional advertisement for the game that I have seen.

Please don't suspend the programmer. This was a great video.

Well, in the real world companies tend to take breach of NDA a wee tad more serious than we do. In fact, the programmer/beta tester could go to jail or get a severe find.

NDA are there for a reason (especially when MILIONS are at stake). Not saying thats the case here but NDA isnt something u can brake just because u "feel" like it or because "its not a big deal", or the least valid reason, to make us morons in here happy.

Should he be fired? I for one would seriously consider it, just like Luthier is, but probably wouldn't in the end (unless something more serious comes into light) , i would however not in a milion years let him of the hook. He vouched for the "beta tester" and now he has to pay the price. (if it was up to me or my company).


Maby we all should try harder looking at things from their "business sense" perspective more often rather than "as long as we get our Friday fix" perspective.

Last edited by Baron; 02-15-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 02-15-2011, 12:48 PM
addman addman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vasa, Finland
Posts: 1,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Well, in the real world companies tend to take breach of NDA a wee tad more serious than we do. In fact, the programmer/beta tester could go to jail or get a severe find.

NDA are there for a reason (especially when MILIONS are at stake). Not saying thats the case here but NDA isnt something u can brake just because u "feel" like it or because "its not a big deal", or the least valid reason, to make us morons in here happy.

Should he be fired? I for one would seriously consider it, just like Luthier is, but probably wouldn't in the end (unless something more serious comes into light) , i would however not in a milion years let him of the hook. He vouched for the "beta tester" and now he has to pay the price. (if it was up to me or my company).


Maby we all should try harder looking at things from their "business sense" perspective more often rather than "as long as we get our Friday fix" perspective.
These are also my sentiments. There's a reason for having NDA's.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 02-15-2011, 12:52 PM
BadAim BadAim is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 978
Default

If Ilya were looking for my advice, I would tell him not to fire the programmer in question (Unless, as Baron said some collusion comes to light), because he was let down by his friend just as much as Oleg and Ilya were. In the end it was the beta tester who decided to break his word, and he should bear the brunt of the consequences.

I'm not surprised any more at how little a man's word means these days, but it still breaks my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:08 PM
F19_Klunk F19_Klunk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
If Ilya were looking for my advice, I would tell him not to fire the programmer in question (Unless, as Baron said some collusion comes to light), because he was let down by his friend just as much as Oleg and Ilya were.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
maclean525 maclean525 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 95
Default

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding this leak, this video has finally restored my faith that COD is going to be something very special. With all of the low-rez screenshots, blurry handy-cam videos I was seriously worried.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.