1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:05 PM

I just want to say a few things here,

oh my god!
and
I can't wait!

have a great sunday everyone
Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
So is there a group of beta testers from whom an NDA has been lifted? We seem to be seeing a lot of video recently from people who just seem to be playing the game.
It could be the case. This seems like it's been captured from the comfort of a home PC and not in a noisy exhibition room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Owl View Post
What is that symbol in the lower left corner? It looks like some kind of gauge, but it doesn't move once through the whole video.
That could be part of the new interface helpers we've seen in some past friday update screenshots (the one with the exhaust flame screenies) and briefly discussed by Oleg.

Apparently, with the appropriate difficulty settings we'll be able to right click and select between some information windows to display.
In that update some of the screenshots had a throttle/pitch/mixture read-out that displayed percentages. Other screenshots had something similar to what you see in the video and they were labeled T/P/M, which i guess is short for throttle/prop/mixture.

It's probably a visual representation of how you've set your throttle, prop pitch and mixture levers, which i find is a nice and clever way to simulate a pilot's tactile feedback (he can just reach out and touch the throttle to see how far along it is, instead of looking at it) and peripheral vision inside the cockpit while still being subtle enough.

As to why there is only one in the video, who knows? Maybe the guy only wants to display one and the interface allows it, or maybe he's flying with complex engine management disabled so he's only using one axis for the engine.

In the 109 video you can see it moving backwards between 1:44 and 1:50, the moment he goes to idle as he's rolling inverted, so i guess that's confirmation enough.

As far as the interface goes, i also like how the chatbar has been separated from the radio commands and made into a separate semi-transparent information window (i guess it would be resizable too, it makes sense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata View Post
Enjoy one more video, this time BF109
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...01&postcount=1
Nice find there, in this one the guy also shares his system specs in the youtube comment section:
core I5-650, 4GB DDR3 1600, AMD Radeon 6870. win7 x64. dx10 render. 4x AAA

It runs smooth enough and also has antialising enabled, so all the people who were worried about frame rates during the kiev and moscow shows can relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Only bad things will be commented. Good things are expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
War is usually the massacre of young people that don't know each other for the sake of old people who don't fight and know each other.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Landscape looks better and better. Great.

Crash smoke still to much Il-2. But not bad.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDNT View Post
Crash smoke still to much Il-2. But not bad.
I thought the same of the crash smoke - but, contrary, I find it terrible.
It was bad back in IL-2, it is still bad now.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 PM

Really like the sound in this vid, good to see it runs perfect on that machine too, I have a faster CPU but a slower graphics card, I will just keep hoping
Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Owl View Post
Why does that Hurricane appear to have only two guns? Or maybe the tracers were only loaded into one gun on each side... I guess that's possible.

Cool video.
You're right, only tracers in 2 guns (CoD has selectable ammo for each gun)
If you wanted to be historically correct you'd only have 1 gun loaded with tracers for the RAF.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
You're right, only tracers in 2 guns (CoD has selectable ammo for each gun)
If you wanted to be historically correct you'd only have 1 gun loaded with tracers for the RAF.
im not even gonna load em.. ill use the API rounds to let me know how my aim is...

loadouts, gonna be straight Ball and API.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 PM

I like the sounds actually, I feel like I can hear the loud tiney echo of the engines resonating inside the cockpit. When the throttle gets cut you hear an almost relative silence which I love.

Nice to see full screen fraps style video running at a high frame rate as well.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:17 PM

I thought the same of the crash smoke - but, contrary, I find it terrible.
It was bad back in IL-2, it is still bad now.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not too good ok, but not bad-bad.
It can be improved nevertheless.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Really like the sound in this vid, good to see it runs perfect on that machine too, I have a faster CPU but a slower graphics card, I will just keep hoping
I agree. That's the noise I would expect behind a loud engine. If you put the volume on high early on to appreciate the engine and wind noise, the guns blazing will be surprisingly loud.