1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

View Poll Results: Would you sacrifice small graphical issues in order to be able to use 6-DoF
Yes I could cope with this as it would add to my flying experience 270 85.44%
No, I'd rather have my head on a fixed stick thanks you very much 46 14.56%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Could 6-DoF ever be available in 4.2 if players could forgive small Graphics issues

I'm just asking if this option could ever be considered for a future patch, if the community could forgive slight issues with graphics sometimes not being perfect?

Currently there are many switches available for options to be turned on and off in the game and I wonder if it would be possible to add a switch enabling 6-DoF, thereby giving the user the option of whether they want to choose the 6-DoF option and maybe put up with a few minor Graphic issues, or whether they leave the switch off and then keep the POV as it currently is?

I'm only putting out there the consideration that 6-DoF is possible, but there may be the occasional Graphics issue that I can appreciate the absolute purists will want, but some of us actually enjoy the experience of flying an aircraft and to have a choice for the User of the Sim to switch it on or off would be IMHO a welcome offering in a future patch?

Look here as-well to see Bearcat's post at the Ubi Forums;

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=t...119#4521074119

Last edited by Mysticpuma; 02-20-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:26 PM

Oh it's more than possible to add it in.

The thing is Oleg doesn't want it in. Mostly artistic reasons because of unfinished polys and such but in some planes I think you can see through parts of the cockpit for an unfair advantage I guess.

I pretty much stick to offline anyway until CoD comes out so I use 4.09 with the 6DOF mod.

Would be nice if it went official but I can't see that happening.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharveL View Post

I pretty much stick to offline anyway until CoD comes out so I use 4.09 with the 6DOF mod.

Would be nice if it went official.
See, that's my point, it would be a user choice whether it was turned on, rather than just saying....it is possible (we know it is), but sorry you don't have a choice.

Just asking if we could have a choice really in the difficult switch menu perhaps? Just a switch on or off to enable it?

Cheers, MP
Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 PM

voted no.

Without a massive changes in a lot of stuff in the game 6 dof is unreliable. Even on modpacks very few, next to noone as 100% functioanl 6dof, and we all now the poly counts on those pits, who look awsome, are behond TD limitations.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

I think this is why I made the suggestion that a switch in the Graphics/Difficulty would allow each individual their own choice as to whether they want the option. Strangely, if the poll has a higher 'Yes' rating it would indicate it would be welcome, but even if it is 50/50 that's exactly what a switch option woukd give, either half would switch it on and half would switch it off. Cheers, MP
Old 02-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Now we gona see how many, who have a tracking device. Or dont know how to set it up It´s only natural to vote yes, if you have one and know how to use it. I dont think the grafik is a big issus compair to whatyou get from 6DOF in my own humble opinion. Thats why I ALLWAYS fly with mods and would not dream of going back to the stock ones. It feels so wrong to having a frame blocking your view and cant move your head.

Last edited by Red Dragon-DK; 02-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK View Post
Now we gona see how many, who have a tracking device. Or dont know how to set it up It´s only natural to vote yes, if you have one and know how to use it.
And it's natural that when you don't have a tracking device you vote no, why on earth would I give my opponent an even bigger advantage ( than he already has ) by making him able to cover almost every angle with his vision, even glitched vision which make him or her look in unnatural positions what in RL wasn't even possible.

but I'm not voting since this thread is probably meant for those with tracking devices..
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Glitched? Some people must have a different version to me, my 6DOF is perfectly OK.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
And it's natural that when you don't have a tracking device you vote no, why on earth would I give my opponent an even bigger advantage ( than he already has ) by making him able to cover almost every angle with his vision, even glitched vision which make him or her look in unnatural positions what in RL wasn't even possible.

but I'm not voting since this thread is probably meant for those with tracking devices..
Q:why on earth would I give my opponent an even bigger advantage ( than he already has )

The same reson as you have a joystick and some have not. I know some who is flying with keyboard and not have a joystick. Few yes, but they are there.My piont is. It is a part of todays sim hardware. Some have it and some dont. Some have a bigger screen and some have a small. Sorry that argument is a bit old to me. I have been flying with TIR since 2003. So its not a new thing that can come as a surprise.
should one go for the lowest common denominator all the time, there would be no development. And personally I think it is time to upgrade to 6DOF is possible. Imagine if when we had to wait to the last could afford to buy a computer it could handle COD. I think game developers would go bankrupt if they had been unable to sell the last new and demanding sim.

But this is my personal opinion. And no one need agree with it.

Last edited by Red Dragon-DK; 02-14-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:59 PM

And the funniest thing if that HT devices can be really cheap, even cheaper than a good joystick...

We live in the darkness... Sad!