1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Beautiful video & photos!

Just a general comment, is there any other kind of weather systems simulated other than calm skys as all I've seen so far is pretty nice weather..what about storms/overcast skys ect? Just curious. Awesome work!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Very nice !!! Even is some textures look a little bit strange, the global views are very nice and dare we say photo-realistic ! It’s the first time that we have that level of detail in a flight sim.

It looks as beautiful and as detailed as a good ground sim (even better eye candy than T34 vs Tiger Tank sim)

Good job !!!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

oleg,

thanks for another update

very nice to see moving human crew in the planes ! the tiger moth looks great and the lighting quality is very impressive

question: in one of the recent russian interviews you mentioned there will be "limited dynamic weather" because it is taking to much pc resources to right now implement it as you had hoped, so will there be a similar limited dynamic campaign at release time ? or has this been completely postponed ? if it is is postponed, will this still be a priority you will be working on after release in the first few patches ?

for many of us we dream of having a 24/7 dynamic campaign server for il2, where we can joint he server at any time and choose missions to fly in an evolving campaign. i really hope you can still give this a priority !
Old 03-11-2011, 03:56 PM

Screenshots are the usual very good quality, but the video is just excellent.

1) Instrument needles move smoothly in a believable manner.

2) The crew in the aircraft reacts to G-forces as we've been told by Luthier a long time ago, but it's the first time we seen it so clearly.

3) At 1:08 you can see the back seater in the further Tiger Moth looking at the one closer to the camera, then turning his head back forward at 1:10. This is much smoother than the way it was done in IL2 for AI pilots, which leads me to believe it's a human controlled pilot whose head movements we can see. Great for multiplayer (i think it's also been confirmed that head movements are displayed for human controlled pilots).

4) The light, shadows, haze, OMG! I can't wait to see how much better it will look when the dynamic weather is optimized and patched into the game.

5) The ground sequence at the end was smooth, fluid and rock steady.

This is getting better and better. I really appreciate showing us some in-cockpit footage. We already know how good the 3D models are, it would be nice if we see more videos from an in-cockpit perspective.

That's my only small request for next week: if the video is not yet shot and finalized, i'd like to see someone flying the aircraft from within the cockpit. Sounds would be welcome but i would also like it very much if we had some sort of commentary talking us through what the pilot is doing, in order to highlight the new features (a display of complex engine management + anthropomorphic modeling would rock).

Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Only bad things will be commented. Good things are expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
War is usually the massacre of young people that don't know each other for the sake of old people who don't fight and know each other.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Tree_UK

Very nice movie Oleg thank you, would it be possible to show some actual in game movie footage nextweek from the pilots perspective, maybe a raid over an airfield. Many thanks.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Hecke

Is the game still on time for a march 24th release?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:11 PM

i dont care anymore
dont know why...
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM

Default Getting Better all the time

Old 03-11-2011, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the update.
Excellent as always, and the obvious question i suppose, is the game still due for match 25th ?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustas! View Post
Hi! Thx for update! See pictures in att.

OMG! where do you come from?

I'm sure we will be changing tires on that truck..