1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-25-2011, 03:09 AM

Just to finish my argumentation: people who has epilepsy are so normal like you and me.
When properly medicated, they doesn't has seizures at all in most cases and can work,study,love,have children,etc...
Even so,there are SOME limitations.
You can't pilot a plane(but can drive a car if you are controlled) , you cannot dive or swim alone,etc...
But the limitation concerns to the patient , not to everyone else.
If I use insuline for example I shouldl not try to pass a law to force everyone to eat cakes with diabetic sweeteners...
Old 03-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

i am canceling my order as well till this is solved

the only hopeful solution i see for this is that for the russian market they will make this filter optional (or remove it completely) and put a warning on the box etc ... we can then download it online from russia, or buy it from a russian amazone site etc..

one issue people havnt mentioned in this thread yet, those in danger of having epilepsy induced are most likely people who dont yet know they have the condition or that they are predisposed to it (since epileptics generally will be told to avoid anything that involves rapidly alternating bright lights etc..).secondly, even "normal" people who are not epileptic can have epilepsy (or migraine etc) induced in them if you just expose them long enough to severe enough of a visual irritation of the right type (be this from games or other flashing lights etc).

point being: with these pc games (and movies etc) it is not a bad thing to have the game creators and programmers being made aware of some of these issues so that they take account of it where possible (meaning we might have slightly uglier prop spin, rather then more realistic ones that have an increased risk to them). and in the same way games/movies are screened by national censors for content and age rating, games could be screened for "epilepsy inducing rating" so that the worst visual effects that might be a problem are toned down.

sadly this is not how the risk reduction is being implemented, ubi seems to have located some half baked idea and is blanket implementing on all its products, even if it kills the game itself. dont have any illusions, ubi will not do anything to solve this (given their previous total disregard of customer interests, even if it completely kills a game series). our only hope is for oleg's crew to find a work around for the russian market, and us somehow getting a hold of that product line

meanwhile cancel all your orders and hit ubi in the only place they care, the sales revenue. buying directly from oleg in russia probably also significantly increases oleg's profit margin on the sale, so its supporting him in trying to find a solution

Last edited by zapatista; 03-25-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 AM

I can't bring myself to cancel the preorder though I won't blame anyone who does. I've just been waiting too long. Its just a shame a project that has had so much dedication poured into it, has to be hamstrung with such a "feature". I'm just afraid they won't see the loss of revenue as anything other than a failing genre or too many darn pirates.

Whoever is running UBI really seems to like the dictatorship mentality. "Filter ON! No options!" "Internet Connection Required or we drop you! I don't care if you paid for it!"

I just hope some sort of solution can be worked out.

Last edited by manfromx; 03-25-2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: one more point
Old 03-25-2011, 03:54 AM

There is medical data that links cigarette smoking to lung cancer and another life threatening issues, however the cigarette companies are not liable for deaths related to smoking because there is a simple warning on the box.

Is Ubisoft really telling us that this can't be done for a video game?

Ubi really needs to understand that the demographic for this title is old enough to choose.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromx View Post
I can't bring myself to cancel the preorder though I won't blame anyone who does. I've just been waiting too long. Its just a shame a project that has had so much dedication poured into it, has to be hamstrung with such a "feature". I'm just afraid they won't see the loss of revenue as anything other than a failing genre or too many darn pirates.

Whoever is running UBI really seems to like the dictatorship mentality. "Filter ON! No options!" "Internet Connection Required or we drop you! I don't care if you paid for it!"

I just hope some sort of solution can be worked out.
And at the end of the day it's all to no avail. They have effectively shot themselves in the foot. So much potential that has been set aside to please a select few. It's a sad day...
Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma74 View Post
They have effectively shot themselves in the foot.
They missed by about six feet at point blank by my guess then. Can't they do anything right
Old 03-25-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromx View Post
They missed by about six feet at point blank by my guess then. Can't they do anything right
Sadly, no they can't. I say we all grab our pitchforks and torches and protest this nonsense. Kill UBI! Leave no survivors!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
I want an 'anti-drunk' filter.
I often find that the game just doesn't handle too well after a few beers. It would be nice if it could be tailored to account for bad judjement, blurry eyesight, uncoordinated movements, and sick on the keyboard.
I eagerly await the development team's response.
This has already been implemented. You select complex engine mangement and if you can't get the plane started, your obviously too drunk!

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:15 AM

I registered to say I won't be pre-ordering, I'm going to wait until I hear from other players or try a demo before deciding to buy or not.

Does the Russian version have English language support? I'm thinking of importing.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:37 AM

The earliest western release is March 31. I am sure by then it will be fixed.
This is going to be the best flight sim ever with or without people cancelling pre-orders.
You guys forget there are thousands of nerds out there with Ubi-rage and it will become an option one way or another
As with their imfamous DRM Ubisoft does listen, it just takes time.
relax cancel your pre-order and then re-order in a week or two. Whatever makes you happy just stop with the threats, cancel, don't cancel but really do we have to read about it here?
Go to Ubi zoo and tell them there you are cancelling, honestly thats the only place they listen if they actually do
As for me I am getting my boxed copy on April 1, its release date in South Africa and I just know if I am not happy then, a few weeks will not kill me until a fix is found.
Really, we are not talking some stupid movie here, this is what I do. I work so i can pay for my flight sim addiction. And come hell or high water I will get my fix