1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I have a suggestion.

Kick UBI to the curb and sign a deal with STEAM. I really love this software and its ease of use. No worries about piracy at least not near as bad and the antihack security is great. Excellent way to find servers and keep track of friends as well. Ive had my reservations about it but after awhile and half a dozen games running off of it I really like it
Please do not do this. My gaming PC is strictly offline, that way I don't have to worry about security at all. The idea that a PC has to have internet connectivity to play games is pretty silly IMHO.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF-214_HaVoK
I have a suggestion.
Kick UBI to the curb and sign a deal with STEAM.
S!
problem with steam is your stuck with 3rd party software which when it goes wrong , screws up the hosts game. Just look at Race 07, hardly anyone online because steam is screwed up all the time.

STEAM'ing pile of **** if u ask me.

Would be much easier for 1c to create there own online lobby like hyperlobby but better. it is not much code, only a few weeks to a month programming for 1 developer with access to all the info.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Flyable AI Planes?

Oleg -- I know that one of the problems with making multi seat planes flyable is the huge workload involved in modelling all of the crew positions. Have you considered limiting the modelling to the pilot position and leaving the other crew as AI only. This way there would be three types of plane. Flyable with full crew, flyable with AI crew and AI only. Also with multi crew aircraft where perhaps the details of some of the crew positions are not well documented, these could be left as AI while still being able to model the positions for which information is available. In level bombers it would be good to have the option to fly just as the pilot, with the bomb aimer being AI. The pilot would just have to line up for the bomb run with the bomb aimer handling the bomb release and giving directions to the pilot.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Flyable AI Planes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheshouse
Oleg -- I know that one of the problems with making multi seat planes flyable is the huge workload involved in modelling all of the crew positions. Have you considered limiting the modelling to the pilot position and leaving the other crew as AI only. This way there would be three types of plane. Flyable with full crew, flyable with AI crew and AI only. Also with multi crew aircraft where perhaps the details of some of the crew positions are not well documented, these could be left as AI while still being able to model the positions for which information is available. In level bombers it would be good to have the option to fly just as the pilot, with the bomb aimer being AI. The pilot would just have to line up for the bomb run with the bomb aimer handling the bomb release and giving directions to the pilot.
To me this would ignore the obvious draw of modeling the big bombers" (I want to try all the crew positions. bombardier, co-pilot,gunner...)

Anyway I think Oleg said he would leave the "big bombers to a third party developer...so we will probably see flyable 4 engine airplanes (hope!)
Old 10-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Send a message via MSN to VMF-214_HaVoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike_UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF-214_HaVoK
I have a suggestion.
Kick UBI to the curb and sign a deal with STEAM.
S!
problem with steam is your stuck with 3rd party software which when it goes wrong , screws up the hosts game. Just look at Race 07, hardly anyone online because steam is screwed up all the time.

STEAM'ing pile of **** if u ask me.

Would be much easier for 1c to create there own online lobby like hyperlobby but better. it is not much code, only a few weeks to a month programming for 1 developer with access to all the info.
I been running Steam since Jan and have experience only one problem not connecting. Never heard of the game you mentioned by the way. The same could be said when HL goes down unless you want to use ASE which I do not. I doubt 1C is ever going to publish in the USA which is where a large portion of IL2 online players live. A program such as Steam is a very effective way to get the product out to the masses and still secure it from piracy and cheats. You obviously do not like the software and of course you can not please everyone but it is much better then anything UBI has attempted. It also one of the few 3rd party distributors and service that mags such PC Gamer rate an A.

S!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:52 PM

Hello Oleg,
I was wondering if with the new weather model in SOW.....will engine's have trouble starting in cold weather....if so, cool
Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Trains

I've been looking at the superb train models being produced by Foo'bar, which seem to be intended for SoW. I presume some of the more British looking rolling stock is still under wraps.

Will the southeast UK rail network be modelled in full, with multiple tracks, branch lines and points, with the ability in the Mission Builder to schedule complex train movements?

Will the track alignment include bridges, embankments, cuttings and tunnels, with trains being hidden from aerial view by trees, cuttings and tunnels?

Once into London much of the network is below ground with occasional open cuts providing views of the track below. Will shallow tube lines such as the District and Circle line be modelled?

Hey! I might buy this just for the trains.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Foo'bar

Ashes, don't expect too much for the moment MG is doing its best and I will do as well - and we will see.

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz | Mainboard: ASRock P67 Pro3 | RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600 | Video: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti OC - 285.62 Drivers | Drive 1: Corsair Force3 120GB SSD (OS) | Drive 2: 1TB HDD | Power: Corsair TX650V2 | Cooling: Corsair Hydro H60 | OS: Windows 7-64 HP | Inputs: Saitek Cyborg 3D - 2 x Saitek Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 2443 @ 1920x1200
Old 11-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheshouse
I've been looking at the superb train models being produced by Foo'bar, which seem to be intended for SoW. I presume some of the more British looking rolling stock is still under wraps.

Will the southeast UK rail network be modelled in full, with multiple tracks, branch lines and points, with the ability in the Mission Builder to schedule complex train movements?

Will the track alignment include bridges, embankments, cuttings and tunnels, with trains being hidden from aerial view by trees, cuttings and tunnels?

Once into London much of the network is below ground with occasional open cuts providing views of the track below. Will shallow tube lines such as the District and Circle line be modelled?

Hey! I might buy this just for the trains.
Will the trains be late, just like their real counterparts?

"God made things that creep and crawl
But British Rail, it beats them all"
"If the deal had been signed in November 1940, the purchase of 40 A6M Zeros would all have been delivered to Australia within 20 months. It never happened, but some of the aircraft arrived anyway...in the skies above Darwin on 19Feb1942. Clive Caldwell would probably have given one of his wry smiles at the thought of Zeros in Australian colours! And in a contest between Japanese and Australian Zeros, who would have been the winner?"
Old 11-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Oleg will there be Ai in SoW BoB?
Closed Thread