1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffa View Post
I dont think that works, I havent been able to bind anything to the mouse scroll wheel.
Maybe the Devs could add that feature in a patch soon. I will be playing without Track IR so I need the mouse view to look around and to be able to change the FOV with the mouse scroll wheel would make it very easy to adjust views.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Toggle FOV like on IL2 please
AMD Phenom II X4 970 @4.0 mhz /Corsair 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 mhz / Gigabyte MA870A-UD3 / 128GB Vertex 4 SSD / 640GB WD Caviar Black HDD / Asus GTX570 DirectCU II @ GPU 850mhz - Shader 1600mhz - memory 1900mhz / Corsair HX850 PSU / Win 7 Pro 64 / nvidia 314.07 driver
Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't having an un-real zoom setting kinda defeat the purpose of full real settings server giving an un-real advantage? (just playing devils advocate....I would like that kind of feature as well so I'll bind to JS)
Well considering that the devs say the 30deg fov is the closest to 1:1 in real life so zooming in doesn't show anything you wouldn't see in the real world. Displays haven't reached the dpi needed yet to mimic real vision.

I'd love to have fov on an axis as well. Yes you can use 3rd party work around, but I'd rather have something within the sim.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
Use JoyToKey to set the two buttons to mouse up/mouse down + hold to change FOV, you can adjust the speed of mouse movement in JoyToKey.
Hi mate,

can you please post the screenshots of your joy2key settings ?

kind regards
Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm content with the 3 fovs I can set via keys. I have mapped them to a 3 state switch (boat switch) on my Warthog throttle.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM

hmm I don't quite get what your real problem is, but you CAN zoom the FoV continuously. On my rig, it's 'hold mouse button #4, then zoom'. The edges of the FoV get distorted (perspective-wise) pretty quickly, though.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

can anyone who managed to make incremental FOV changes via key/joystick post detailed guide ? I've tried to make this work for a couple of hours yesterday with no success...

cheers
Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 AM

The best thing about 6 degrees of freedom in track IR in modded il2 1946 is the way it automatically zooms in when you lean forward to look through the reflector sight. No buttons or toggles or anything... just smooth intuitive zoom when i lean forward to aim. Feels like the most natural thing in the world.
I hope they can add this feature and key binding solutions for people without track IR. I could never go back to flying with out track IR... adds feeling to the game as well as seeing and hearing.When you do a loop you feel it cause you look up and over as you do it. If you don't have it I would recommend it highly.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 AM

Yep, trackIR is higly recommended.

Testing on the FMB, I don't really need to wear my headset, but I HAVE to put it on for the trackIR when fly testing.. it's just 'gah' without it.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't having an un-real zoom setting kinda defeat the purpose of full real settings server giving an un-real advantage? (just playing devils advocate....I would like that kind of feature as well so I'll bind to JS)
IMO The human eye is far more sensitive than can be replicated in a sim. If you look at something in real life and concentrate on it, it will be clearer than if you zoomed in a game (depending on how much you zoom).

You can pick out the tiniest of dots in real life. I think that zooming gives an approximation of that sensitivity, but with loss of peripheral vision.

I don't see it as an advantage ('cheating'). You lose a lot of situational awareness by zooming.

Flying online as Setback.