1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-20-2011, 09:45 PM

Sheesh. You guys mixing your kool-aid yet?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
So, what can I do with Dynamic stall? Remove the question?
No better, remove Ace of Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
question 12, new form: Will the GUI be remade?
ok?
I would reformulate it like this:
question 12: will the GUI be optimised, to be less clumsy and more ergonomical (today you need several clicks to do simple things), in the same way that RoF optimized their GUI? Today RoF is a great exemple of an appealing, sexy and functional user interface.

Cheers!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

10. Will the UBI intro .wmv video issue be finally corrected? Today it clocks down the ATI cards to 2D-power saving mode, and gives really poor performances to the users that do not delete or rename it. That is most of ATI users I guess.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28054
This bug affect only "western" versions of the game

Posted by B6 in Sukhoi.forum (Google Translation):

"You got no English version? (Answer to Russian guy).
Talking about the intro (with) Ubisoft and 1C, we can not do this deal."

Sokol1
Old 12-20-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
No better, remove Ace of Aces
Ah ha.. So is it safe to assume that input was one by you?

Eitherway it will be telling to see Luithers reply to it!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:36 PM

B6: Can we have a static pic of the Ubi-logo instead of the video? That would save us from clocked down ATI-cards and you from programming a workaround.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoss View Post
B6: Can we have a static pic of the Ubi-logo instead of the video? That would save us from clocked down ATI-cards and you from programming a workaround.
The workaround couldn't be any easier. I've done it, not because of ATI problems, but just to lower the sim load time.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
The workaround couldn't be any easier. I've done it, not because of ATI problems, but just to lower the sim load time.
thats true...but i suspect , that there are many gamers out there, who dont visit this forum, and who are not aware of the workaround and wonder why this sim runs that crappy.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

Static stall: 1G flight, your speed decreases, you increase AoA to compensate. Stall happens when critical AoA is reached.

Accelerated stall: same us above, but there must be >1G. In such condition, you need higher AoA than in 1G flight, because lift is countered not only by weight, but by sum of weight and centrifugal force.

Dynamic stall: you increase AoA past a critical value very quickly, vortex is created at leading edge, lift increases, then vortex detaches and you experience rapid loss of lift and sometimes even a high nose-down pitching.

I think, important things about dynamic stall is: amplitude and rate of AoA change, and increase of lift before the stall.

Last edited by ZaltysZ; 12-21-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Impressive mission from a sukhoi.ru member posted. Video of air attack and track of a tank attack are included. Works like a strategy game too: you can call reinforcements and schedule your tank attack carefully.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28595

Worth flying and/or watching with external views.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
Static stall: 1G flight, your speed decreases, you increase AoA to compensate. Stall happens when critical AoA is reached.

Accelerated stall: same us above, but there must be >1G. In such condition, you need higher AoA than in 1G flight, because lift is countered not only by weight, but by sum of weight and centrifugal force.

Dynamic stall: you increase AoA past a critical value very quickly, vortex is created at leading edge, lift increases, then vortex detaches and you experience rapid loss of lift and sometimes even a high nose-down pitching.

I think, important things about dynamic stall is: amplitude and rate of AoA change, and increase of lift before the stall.
Thanks for the feedback Zaltys..

Looking at your definitions of Accelerated and Dynamic..

Your dynamic def reads just like the link I posted.. Except there is no mention of how the variations in stall are due to the variations atmosphere.. From the link I posted they point out how the stall can vary due to the variation in wind (atmosphere). Other than that the two defs are very interchangeable.

One other thing, you stated you 'need higher AoA than in 1G flight'.. IMHO you should re-word that to read 'during a constant altitude banked turn the AoA will have to be higher than it would be during level flight (1g) at the same speed'.. That example is a little easier for most to visualize. It is also important to note the critical AoA at which the stall occurs is the same for all three cases.

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 12-21-2011 at 03:51 PM.