1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 12-17-2011, 02:02 AM

H-16:55 and counting.

Or something like that! Hmmm! Time for a quick trip up to London to see a show! Wheres my Batman?
Old 12-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

It's now open to the public. Hope it works ok....

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 AM

Fighter command to all raf bases stop
high alert stop
sporadic german attacks stop
major damage to key facilities stop
all raf personel to return to base stop

god save the king stop
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 PM

This is a real bombers' mission guys!

In CoD is much more difficult to spot enemy planes than IL2FB so, JU-87 and ME-110 are perfect for the task and have a chance to get away unnoticed!

ME110 drivers, make sure you know how to setup the course autopilot!!!
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...871#post370871

Oh, and ME110 has a real chance against the SpitI

~S~
Old 12-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

I'll be in later, have a spot of Christmas shopping to do early on.

England expects.... etc.... etc... etc...

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Some constructive observations.

Number 1:

I was unable to accurately pin point and relay my position to others due to the grid squares being set at 1km(?). I personally find 10km (10000) best for grid squares.

Number 2:

The blue bases journey to target is very far. I like the realistic aspect of it very much and the fact the part of the map you are using is very new to allot of us online players. However with the CTD problem I wonder how many of us will make it to target and back with out the fatal CTD. Obviously this is a part of the game right now and not ATAG's deliberation. Its a bit of a catch 22 because you move it all closer and we are back to a more standard dogfight but if it remains CTD is highly likey... I really have no solution to this but thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 12-17-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:20 PM

About 10 of us got to target and then around 7 of us CTD...

Thanks for hosting. Its a good concept, hope to see later editions with red attacking and later planesets... Good stuff!

Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 PM

A great experience!

Sadly, I did not really encounter much resistence: My Ju87 only was one time in 4 divebomb approaches attacked (and shot down).
So please inform more people of this nice event!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:13 AM

ATAG guys- thanks for the fun today. I had a blast flying red, trying to find contacts as they straggled in at low level and hit their targets.
Comments- the planesets seem okay, they are fairly well matched except the 110's are very hard to catch.
Navigation is a b*tch- there are too few landmarks to use inland to find your way around, especially after you've been in a furball. I suggest you move the targets nearer to the coast (north or south) to aid line-of-sight navigation for those of us who cannot use the nonsensical compass in Spits and Hurri's.
The lack of assistance from ground controllers is a killer- the LW boys can rampage across the landscape with nothing to give them away, especially if they stay low. Historically the LW could hit and run targets near the coast without too much interference, but once overland observer corp would track them.
Nearly all the engagements i got into were at mid alt, because i could spot the target and engage. Meanwhile all the sneaky ones were easily getting past me down low, i didnt realise they'd come and gone until the message came up saying 'target destroyed'.

I realise it's a limitation of the game and i'm not sure how you'd fix it. I assume you put the airfields further back to allow red players to get alt before engaging, but it wasnt really turning out that way.

A very positive thing however was there was much less strafing of red bases by blue vulchers.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:23 AM

I had a great time. This is a fantastic concept. Trying to achieve an objective adds a lot of interest and realism. to As to Navigation from an attackers point of view its great. You need to plan and fly accurately to get to the target.

Thanks for putting this together... best fun I have had in CLOD so far.