1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 PM

BlackSix, thanks for you work, but is there and estimated time for the beta patch? thanks
Old 12-29-2011, 02:08 PM

- Plane X should respect roll rate, and not 360 in 3/4 of a second.
- AI should have a delay wehn moving the stick. Example: load any default track ( blakc death ) and enable view. choose F1. watch the stick moving. it goes from full right to full left instantaneusly, giving the AI a strange warping feeling who lokes incredably mechanic and unrealistic from outside.
- AI should responde to situations more naturally. Example: 4 AIs are in formation, when a enemy is spotted they ALL twist at the same time, break foramtion using the same angle at the same time in a perfect linear mechanicly executed maneuver.
- AI should turn ahrder. Example. im on a 109E, plane X is on the italian biplane. im on his six. the g50 will do a small turn not pushing the limit of his plane and as such i will easely outturn him.

Regarding joy stick Lag, im not experienced with it, but if you could bring back the old 1946 calibration stile ( that thing with 10 axis that could go from 0 to 100 ) it would be nice, beceouse right now, my stick is higly unresponsive to small adjustments evne at highest sensivety settings. ( i used 100 at all the bars in 1946
Old 12-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Global Moderator

Arrow

This thread is on our 1C forums

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25973

Our member buddye has led the efforts for AI improvements with the BOB II Wings of Victory. The BOB II has the best AI performance of any WW2 air combat simulator program.

It would be very wise to have discussion with him. He will gladly share information as he has done in the thread.

He has hundreds of hours of work in the AI performance programming.

He discusses very insightful information in the thread about improving AI as well. Below are some postings from the thread.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...9&postcount=24

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...4&postcount=45

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...6&postcount=50
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bob_logo---2b.jpg (15.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by nearmiss; 12-29-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
If Plane X is firing at plane Y and plane X does not score any hits within 2 seconds, Plane X should stop firing for a certain time (may be at least 1 second).

As far as I can imagine, in the programming language:

After Plane X has stopped firing (because of no hits), the programm should go back to decide again (may be after 1 second) if Plane X should fire.

Right at the moment, Hurricanes are wasting their whole ammo whithout scoring any hit...
+1 This would be a huge improvement to dogfights.

Also for AI:

Some aircraft fires are put out within a few seconds of catching fire: Example:

Plane X hits plane Y's aileron and it catches fire. Currently Pilot of plane Y would INSTANTLY bail out in panic. As for programming language I think an aircraft fire that does NOT deal damage to the pilot, should have a 5 sec delay to allow the AI to "discover" the fire and bail out.

So again: Plane X hits plane Y's aileron and it catches fire. Pilot of plane Y waits 5 seconds before deciding to bail out. If fire is extinguished BEFORE 5 seconds has passed, it will ignore the fire and keep fighting.

2nd example: Plane X hits plane Y and cockpit catches fire. Pilot bail out instantly.

Also a huge improvement for me:

AI evasive manouvers:

Based on Pilot Y's skill level:

Example rookie:

Plane X fires at plane Y: A second or two after Plane Y takes damage, it tries to do a violent evasive manouver and has a chance % of stalling the aircraft. (panic)

Example ace:

Plane X fires at plane Y: Almost instantly after plane Y has taken damage, the plane will perform a defensive manouver to try and throw off plane X. (Ie: Barrel roll, sharp turn, negative dive, etc...)

Thanks for asking us for help

Plane X fires a plane Y:
Old 12-29-2011, 02:37 PM

Just a suggestion, not sure if feasible:

When a group of BF110s are attacked they should fly in a defensive circle to cover each other. Ive read about this tactic in multiple books and sounded very common early on. It would be cool to see AI doing it. More info here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15311

IL2 1946 had awesome AI and radio coms!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
Hi everyone,

1. AI (Artificial Intelligence)
I have seen AI going straight while attacked, or diving into the water simply because they did'nt pull up on time.

Joystiock lag, I've opened up a thread to explain my case.
Regards
JF
Old 12-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
BlackSix, thanks for you work, but is there and estimated time for the beta patch? thanks
This year will not exactly. Then the weekend in Russia from January 1 to January 9.
Only then we will start working again. Now it is impossible to predict.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

When flight of planes X land, instead of all landing exactly the same, they should have slight variation in landing pattern, perhaps based upon individual Ai pilot skill level. ie roookie pilots may land off runway centre, or land long way along runway. Same for takeoffs.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 PM

AI suggestion...

When you get on plane X's six and fire, plane X turns into a Sukhoi Su-29 and does a series of dives, rolls and spins that would be improssible for the plane, pilot and situation. Worse...is that while doing these manuvers plane X will waggle its wings in a bizarre, unrealistic way suggesting a programming bug. These moments take me right out of the game and that's why I'm playing ROF until this thing gets fixed. I appreciate the opportunity to provide constructive criticism but it sounds like you are just getting to this stuff and that the next Beta is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:08 PM

I'm not sure if it's in the game already or not but you should give the A.I the same engine overheating limits as the human player, like team daidalos now have done for "old" IL-2 1946.