1C Home   |   Qlinks   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Notices

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:08 AM

If it should be realistic, It cut an option in "options/plane/109=?model.
Like you setup your ammo belts and convergence, your pilots and so on.

Need or not a needed?. I belive we should let the devTeam decide. I think its a nice touch, to add more realism to our Sim.
Western Digital Raptor 600GB + 1 TB 1X Western Digital sata 600 PSU:- Coolermaster 1000W
Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™, SIMPED rudder, TIR4, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
Old 03-17-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetette View Post
And what if some pilots want to adjust it for speeds 350-400 or more or for 250-300 or less? They can't have it because robtek is the guru who know what is the best for every pilot flying online or offline?
Yes thats right!

Why would you want it trimmed for 250 - OR LESS? Its not nescesiary.

Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD FX (tm) 4170 Quad Core Processor (4CPU) @ 4.2 Ghz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, DirectX 11, ASUS HD EAU6850CU.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:07 PM

These Trimm-Tabs were only for compensation of manufacturing tolerances in mass production and not accessible by pilots.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
Black6, can you please include this one in your current list, its a rather important one that needs to be urgently fixed

Type of improvement:
- we need to be able to set a specific FoV (field of View) for our monitors between 35 and 90 degrees, and be able to assign our own chosen values for the FoV (between 35 and 90 degrees) to the 3 preset buttons for view changes that currently exist (narrow, normal, wide)
- this feature existed in the il2 series, but has not been included in CoD

Explanation of proposals:
- for whatever distance you sit from the "monitor size" you have in front of you, that monitor occupies a certain % of your field of view (FoV). the "normal" FoV setting should be the correct FoV setting for the monitor size you are using, allowing you to see ingame object on your monitor in their right "true to life" sizes (eg a 109 with a 10 meter wide wingspan that is 400 meters away from the player in the game, should be seen on your monitor at exactly the same size as if you were viewing it with the naked eye from the same distance in real life)
- for a 19' or 30' monitor this "normal FoV" is very different, but the default value right now in CoD is 70 which is only approximately correct for somebody using a 30' screen (for the 19' screen user all ingame objects have suddenly become miniature toy size). this was easy to alter in the setup options in il2-1946, but is NOT possible in the CoD program
- we need to be able to set our own specific FoV sizes for all 3 preset buttons (narrow, normal, wide),
- if possible we also need this "default FoV" (saved to "normal" button) saved ingame as the default setting so each time the game starts all objects are immediately seen in their correct sizes.

note: please also consider how this can be correctly used in a multiple monitor setting, so people with for ex 3 monitors side by side can still set their correct FoV's

Benefits: Greater realism, providing SIMULATION of correct "in-game object sizes" (and scenery) a player can see from the virtual cockpit.
Great idea, but why limit it to 90 degrees? .. The idea of having the objects on the screen in realistic scale is a point, but it gives (at least to me) a serious case of tunnel vision. Having head tracking helps of course, but still it would be nice to have wider FOV. I prefer to use something like 120 degrees with my 30" monitor, using Ctrl + left mouse button + drag mouse.. a horrible drag to use to use that combination... I'll go to pun hell for that
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Type of improvement: Documentation of game settings that can be changed outside the game, like conf.ini or adding these options to the GUI.

Explanation of proposal: If possible devs could publish information on these settings to allow users to tweak the game more than just via the GUI. Or settings that have an effect could be added to the GUI for example as Advanced Graphics Options.

Benfits: More options for users to tweak to achieve personal preference. Less problems as all applicable tweak options are available.
I am afraid this is the wrong thread. The suggestions thread is here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28341 A bit confusing titles.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM

What's wrong with the Channel Map already availible?
It was told we'd have the Su-26 to test the fidelity of the FM with it. As a prop-driven, high performance, acrobatic aircraft, it's a good measuring stick on how well they've done with the FM (or failed).

...wait, that might be the reason?

Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verhängnis View Post
Last time I used it - a year ago - it was only half scale. A bit of an immersion killer. It's why CoD was so important to me.

If DT were allowed to put up a full scale map and if the CoD FMs don't get fixed properly there'd be a terrible risk that many might walk away from CoD. Mind you that might suit MG.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verhängnis View Post
There isn't one in IL2 1946 stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Last time I used it - a year ago - it was only half scale. A bit of an immersion killer. It's why CoD was so important to me.

If DT were allowed to put up a full scale map and if the CoD FMs don't get fixed properly there'd be a terrible risk that many might walk away from CoD. Mind you that might suit MG.
Well CoD's not delivering what a lot of us were expecting , so it might be an idea to allow us to have a official channel map in IL2 1946.

There's a full scale map available made by the 352nd squad (see attachment)

Here's a vid on the map turn off sound if the musics not your taste.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab0000.jpg (671.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 04-27-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Good luck hosting that map Alpha, Im afraid its broken, it causes crazy load times for clients and runs badly. I tried using it beofre for a Squad Vs Squad campaign.

Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD FX (tm) 4170 Quad Core Processor (4CPU) @ 4.2 Ghz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, DirectX 11, ASUS HD EAU6850CU.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Never had any problems with it hosting CooP's for over a year now.

I can see it being a problem in DogFight server mode possibly if the server has a poor CPU & Ram config.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 04-27-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Closed Thread