1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Default after deleting conf.ini files-different flight behaviour?

hey guys!
because my ch-map doesnt seem to work correctly(i still have my fighterstick listed as joystick, and my pro pedals as joystick1 recognized), i decided
today to delete both my conf.ini files in the 1c softclub folder and the steam one.well this didnt work, and i still have this problem, but...

after i let steam download the new ones, and i started the game, i recognized, that my bf, suddenly felt way more stable.i could made tighter turns, and also avoid stalls much easier.
even if i already was in the beginning of a stall, where one wing tilts downwards, i could with ease recover, while remaining in a tight turn.
the whole flight model felt somehow different.as if the 109 had more lift in every attitude.also gunnery seemed to be way more acurate.

the strange thing is, that i didnt touch my ini files at all after a complete new install.so the files are identical.
and even more strange is, that after a few restarts of the game or the computer, the "superiour" behaviour is suddenly gone again.

i had the same strange change of behaviour, when i copied and pasted the conf.ini joystick settings of my il2 1946 into the clod conf.ini. a while back.
during the first few gaming sessions i recognized the same difference, where the steering of the plane was way more smooth.tighter turns were possible, stalling seemed to occur at lower speeds,gunnery was easier to master...
but again,...after a few restarts either of the game,or steam, or the computer(still dont know which one affects that), everything went back to normal "inferiour" controls.

i remember a thread, which was posted soon after the release of the game, where someone claimed, that putting the il2 1946 conf.ini joystick settings into the clod conf.ini one, made a difference for him as well.some confirmed the change in behaviour, others claimed to not notice a difference.
i tried that as well back then, and noticed a difference, but only for a couple of gaming sessions.i will look for that thread and link it here if i find it.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21695

i know this really sounds strange, and maybe its a placebo effect....though im pretty confident that its not.it definitely feels different, at least for me.

has anybody encountered something similar?
has anybody knowledge what possibly could cause that difference?

Last edited by David198502; 02-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:09 AM

Maybe it was the difficulty settings?

I think they might be stored on the steam cloud, so maybe after you deleted the config.ini they were deleted, but some time afterwards when Steam synced with the cloud it put the settings back as you had them. That would explain why it got easier but then got harder after a few restarts of Steam.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

but i have the difficulty settings always on full real....besides i changed them before the first flight from default to realistic.
oh and i have steam cloud disabeled

Last edited by David198502; 02-27-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM

Obviously not that then, in which case I have no idea
Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM

Try and reset the config.ini's again to where you like them but ......set the file to READ ONLY!

Seems it somehow gets overridden whenever you close the sim or steam.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Default Just the joysticks.

As part of the confuser.ini file you have the input values for your joysticks.
What is call the "axis input curve".

You most probably just went back to the default values.

So there is no FM change, just your joystick axes interact diferently with the control surfaces of the plane.

Salutes.

Last edited by Majo; 02-27-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Noticed the same after i reinstalled Clod.
After checking both configs i noticed that the old one had my last trims inside, awhile the new one was a virgin.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Now, if you tell me that the Spit flies like having more octanes in the tank, I will format my C:\ drive...

~S~
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
Try and reset the config.ini's again to where you like them but ......set the file to READ ONLY!

Seems it somehow gets overridden whenever you close the sim or steam.
thx for the tip...
how can i set the file to read only?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majo View Post
As part of the confuser.ini file you have the input values for your joysticks.
What is call the "axis input curve".

You most probably just went back to the default values.

So there is no FM change, just your joystick axes interact diferently with the control surfaces of the plane.

Salutes.
how can i get back to the default values of the confuser.ini?
deleting it and downloading again from steam?