1C Home   |   Qlinks   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Notices

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:21 AM

I'll give it a mythbusters Plausible.

Worst case senario is they release the beta with gfx fixes and code etc, then when they release the RC they add in extra untested stuff and it becomes a bugfest step backwards as it did before with the second patch, the beta was ace then the RC was a disaster.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
The patch will certainly be worth the wait, this will be the same graphics engine that they use in BOM, so in the very near future we will be able to take full advantage of DX11. Happy days.
there are several unsubstantiated hypothetical's in your statement, and given your track record the overall impression your post gives is misleading

ergo, there is no confirmation anywhere recently from luthier of the imminent inclusion of directX 11 features in the current gfx engine update that is about to be released in the next patch.

having qualified your statement as such, you might actually be correct to speculate that this will be the case, we all live in hope, and i DO hope you are right, it would just be more pleasant to have normal discussions on this then have it slipped in wrapped as misinformation, just to be quoted later as if it was factual truth
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
furbsy furbsy, you'r having a relapse of tree'itis there

previous smaller patches were released fairly frequently during the mad "post initial sale of the game" period, in a desperate attempt to plug the holes in the ship and try and get the sim running at some halfway decent level of performance, to which they largely succeeded by about 4 months ago (except people like me on mid level pc's still have significant problems, but at least people with high end machines seem to be having fun online)

to now try and use the 4 - 5 months wait for the rewrite of the complete game gfx engine as an reason to believe that all subsequent patches will take that long is obviously not rational or reasonable. taking these type of extreme troll-like positions is what usually makes it impossible to include you in normal constructive exchanges here

Hold your horses there Zap my post was just to back up adonys belief that further patches would be on the same time line 3-5 months.

Trolling, give me a break im 39 not 12.

Last edited by furbs; 03-03-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
there are several unsubstantiated hypothetical's in your statement, and given your track record the overall impression your post gives is misleading

ergo, there is no confirmation anywhere recently from luthier of the imminent inclusion of directX 11 features in the current gfx engine update that is about to be released in the next patch.

having qualified your statement as such, you might actually be correct to speculate that this will be the case, we all live in hope, and i DO hope you are right, it would just be more pleasant to have normal discussions on this then have it slipped in wrapped as misinformation, just to be quoted later as if it was factual truth
It does make sense of the big performance increase if they have managed to get DX11 working though, and Luthier said some time back that he had a big surprise for us, this could well be it.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:15 PM

I am more and more convinced there is no update no patch.
System & game SSD 120gb OCZ.
12 Gb (6*2Gb) ddr3 1600Mhz memory
Geforce gtx580 1.5Gb +
Geforce gtx580 1.5Gb SLI.
Trackir 5
Logitech G940.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:28 PM

I think that suprise was those controllable vehicles.

Gigabyte EX-58 extreme
6gig DDR3
windows 7 64bit
Club Radeon HD 7970 3072MB
USB amplifier for sounds
I7 920 3.6Ghz
Track IR 4 Pro
Logitech G940 Hotas
Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post
I think that suprise was those controllable vehicles.
I think the surprise was the lack of a surprise.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I think the surprise was the lack of a surprise.
Yes, i don't give a xxxx for controllable vehicles in flight sim

Gigabyte EX-58 extreme
6gig DDR3
windows 7 64bit
USB amplifier for sounds
I7 920 3.6Ghz
Track IR 4 Pro
Logitech G940 Hotas

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-13-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post
Yes, i don't give a xxxx for controllable vehicles in flight sim
I'll be honest and agree at the moment, but I would definitley love to have them in the sim or hear all about their development when the flight sim side is way more finished and stable.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-13-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroopSnoot View Post
I'll be honest and agree at the moment, but I would definitley love to have them in the sim or hear all about their development when the flight sim side is way more finished and stable.
Yes and maybe some fun with multiplayer in the future.

Gigabyte EX-58 extreme
6gig DDR3
windows 7 64bit
USB amplifier for sounds
I7 920 3.6Ghz
Track IR 4 Pro
Logitech G940 Hotas
Closed Thread