1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Default "expanded beta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
I don't know the plans of management. Maybe then there will be a second, expanded beta.
"expanded beta"

Salutes SG1_Majo
Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Yes, confused here too. Given the amount of time passed I was hoping that this patch would convert the rushed release version to what it should have been (fixed bomber and other FM problems as well as the graphics performance). Maybe not.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:18 AM

The way I read it the current plans for the Beta patch are focused on and limited to field-testing the new graphics engine. In itself that is a major issue and deserves and needs careful testing. This is supposed to be the solution of one of the fundamental problems of the game, after all.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Agree, I'm also tired of seeing "100 octane" line everywhere. If you get shot down without 100 octane you will most likely be shot down with 100 octane too.
I have to disagree.

In real life the aircraft performance was a minor fact as you write: the famous "it's the pilot, not the plane" was a factual sentence. A Bf109F4 pilot, even a great one, could be ambushed and taken down by a greater pilot in a hurricane. This because in an ambush the defender can't exploit the plane's performance.

Instead because of the limitations of the sim it's really difficult to be ambushed so every fight it's more a "plane vs plane" then a "pilot vs pilot" (think about the experience of the average pilot, he can it refly so he learns something at every KIA... the line between great pilot and average pilot is real thin).

I think it would be nice in a sim having the player choosing a plane because of its cockpit visibility than the 30km/h of more speed because of the different fuel.

Anyway I agree with th OP about the question...

Last edited by 6S.Manu; 03-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
The way I read it the current plans for the Beta patch are focused on and limited to field-testing the new graphics engine. In itself that is a major issue and deserves and needs careful testing. This is supposed to be the solution of one of the fundamental problems of the game, after all.
Spot on mate! You are 100% right here. This graphics rewrite performance patch will be the biggest change to the code so it deserves a run on its own to discover specific problems related to it. The idea of a more comprehensive 2nd beta patch before retail patch that B6 raised sounds more likely to me.
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI 3GB GTX 580 Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround
Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 AM

I dont know what to say? No other fixes ( FM, DM, AI) in incoming patch? Luthier start to think about 100 octan fuel performacne in CloD???

So after performacne beta patch we will be waiting another few months for other fixes???

It looks for me that 1C focus on future Russian Front addon or tanks battles in game and BoB is postponed to rest.

Actually i dont care too much about Russian Front casue i played it about 10 years in old IL2 but i really wanted to play good simulator in BoB scenario unfortunately it looks it will not happend soon.

Backing to play ROF.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
Spot on mate! You are 100% right here. This graphics rewrite performance patch will be the biggest change to the code so it deserves a run on its own to discover specific problems related to it. The idea of a more comprehensive 2nd beta patch before retail patch that B6 raised sounds more likely to me.
Sounds good to me but I hope they've included a CTD fix also, otherwise it'll be pretty useless. Think I read somewhere that the CTD problem was with the old graphics engine so by totally rewriting it the CTD problem would disappear per default...I think I read somewhere.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiatek View Post
I dont know what to say? No other fixes ( FM, DM, AI) in incoming patch?
No other fixes in first BETA
Old 03-02-2012, 11:39 AM

The CTD issue comes from the "old" gfx engine ... writing a new one wasn't done because the MG coders were bored or didn't like the writing style of the previous one.

EDIT: I hope they understand now, BlackSix. You could hardly be any clearer.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
No other fixes in first BETA
Doesn't get any clearer then that! Thanks B6.
Closed Thread